3S Class Picture

3S Class Picture

Friday, September 25, 2015

A Proud Moment

   Our class was recognized for positive team work in the cafeteria this week.  They "won" a friendly competition regarding this.  I happened to be in the cafeteria when they learned they won and I was pleasantly surprised by their reactions.  They smiled and high fived each other.  They lined up controlled and happy.
   As we returned to our classroom, we sat down to talk about what happened.  I explained that I was proud of the positive team work and I am glad other teachers in the building recognize it as well.  The class was excited to earn a teamwork letter!  
   As we talked, we decided we should recognize the team work from the other two classes as well.  One student pointed out that lunch time is more of a time that we work together as a grade level team.  They decided as a class that they would use their Brain Break to create positive posters for the the other two 3rd grade classrooms!  
   As I listened in to the groups during the creation of their posters, I heard thoughtfulness and empathy, caring and kind students who were thinking of the greater team.  This is one event I hope to never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment