3S Class Picture

3S Class Picture

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

An Amazing First Day of School!

   We had a fabulous first day of Third Grade!  I was greeted with smiles, hugs, and photo ops! (I LOVE photo ops, so please send me a copy!)  What more could you ask for? 
   As we entered the classroom, I looked at a room full of eager, positive, beautiful children.  They were excited to participate, explore, and just get started!  My favorite part of the day was an activity we did to learn about our classroom.  I assigned small groups to explore nooks around the room, predict what we would be using various things for, and shared how to use our resources.  Students presented their findings to each other and listened so respectfully.  This activity symbolizes that our classroom is as much mine as it is the students'.  They realize they can help each other with the resources given, and most importantly, when you work as a team, you are stronger (and have more fun!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment